Helpful Tips

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Yikes, My Sewing Machine Broke!!!!

Hello fellow sewist,
Hoping all had a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving. My Thanksgiving was blessed. I ate well and enjoyed time visiting family. My sewing mojo was even in full gear. I planned and prepared to make two version of  M6992. Then I discovered that I only had enough fabric to do one, so I decided to make a cocoon sweater and found a pattern by Truebias.com.  Cut that out and sewed that up first because it was going to be an easy sew. (Reviews will be coming soon).  I worked on M6992 Saturday, Sunday, and with finishing touches on Monday. And that is when disaster struck. I was about 15 inches from finishing the hem when the needle holder on my Brother XL5700 fell completely off!



A close up shot




Needle holder



Sob!!!!!  Luckily I have a Euro Pro Fast and Easy machine as back up. Its basic but it got the job done.
The funny thing abou tthis is while sewing the hem I was thinking how nice it would be to have a machine that could stop in needle down position and how I would like to have a computerized machine.  Do you think the sewing machine read my mind? Did I hurt its feelings? Did it intentionally drop the needle, holder and all? LOL!
Well I am taking this as an opportunity to research machines for an upgrade. Do any of you have suggestions on model or type of machine to buy? What type of machine do you have? Do you like its features and would you recommend it to others?
Please Help!!!
Meanwhile, I will I will be sewing on my Euro Pro. Hopefully it will hold up. I have fabric on the table ready to be cut and sewn.
God willing!

Keep sewing and God bless…..

2 comments:

Monica D said...

Sorry to hear about your machine. Murphy Law always seem to show up at ALL the wrong times :( Have fun finding you a NEW machine to bond with ... FIESTA :)

Kelly said...

Thanks MAD14kt. I hope I will find one soon.