Helpful Tips

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Wardobe Architect Week1Worksheet Cont.

In the last post, I started the Wardobe Architect with a discussion on my history with fashion or my wardobe. This week I will contiue with the next two topics: Philosophy and Culture.

Philosophy:
How does your philosophy, spirituality, or religion affect your aesthetics and buying habits? Or, what aspects of those things would you like to see reflected?
Well let's see. I guess you can say that I have some conservatism when it comes to dressing. As those who attend church knows that you definitely don't wear daisy dukes and crop tops. There is a certain expectation when you go to church. And I do believe that has a far reaching effect in other areas of my life. Don't get me wrong, I am not the type that believes a woman cannot wear pants to church. I wear plenty of pants and pantsuits to church. But I know the limits.

Culture:
How has your cultural background shaped the way you look? How did the aesthetics and values you grew up with affect your tastes as you got older?
Like I stated above, a religious conservatism was bred in me. However, I was taught to still appreciate being a woman. This made me think of my 92 year old grandmother and what she would jokingly say, " boys like it when you look good."  There is nothing wrong with appreciating your feminity.
There are a few more topics on this worksheet that I will deal with in another post. Until then continue sewing and seveloping your personal style.

No comments: