Helpful Tips

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Finished: Burda 4/2008-116

I finished the dress. The muslin truly helped in getting a perfect fit. In the shoulder and upper bodice I cut a size 12 and fold out 1/4" in the neckline to remove gaps. I went up to a size 16 in the hip area and did a swayback adjustment. I sewed the jersey using an overlock stitch and triple stretch stitch. This was my first time using these pre-set stitches on my brother XL5700. I love this dress. I will try to get some pictures soon.
Next project- making a paper tape dress form. I definitely need one. My hope is that with a dress form I will be able to fit a pattern much easier and faster.
Until next time.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

My First Muslin

Hello. I have blog in a while. Life has been busy, but I am working on my first BWOF. It 4/200-116. Because this is the first time I have every worked with these patterns, I have made my first muslin. It is really worth the effort. I am almost finish making the muslin and already can see the adjustment I need. I am smaller on top and wider on the bottom. I need to take in the neckline area and bust area and so far look like I will need to add to the hip area. I am glad that I am taking the time to make a muslin before I cut into the pretty jersey that I have for this dress. Wish me luck.
Until next time.