Here are the finished projects as promised. The V8923 was sewn in January, hemmed in February. Pretty much a straight forward sewing. The Fabrics are a black poly ponte knit and a Marni black and gold tiger print. I thought it would be fun to block with a print instead of a solid.
The peplum and the skirt was for the fearless February/March Challenge held by the blog Ten Thousand Hour of Sewing.. These were not the only projects I had started for this challenge, these are the two that worked out. The peplum S1699 was a combination of the bodice and sleeves of view A and the peplum of view B. I did not want the cap sleeves nor the collar of view B. Overall the project was a breeze to sew. The fabrics were black and an off white stretch poplin shirting. The effect is more on the sporty side which is trending right now.
The third project is S5505 OOP view B. The fabric is a navy lace floral. Its lining is a navy charmuese. I cut the length below the knee and at the top of the calf. Think this a "right for me" midi length. This was easy peasy project. Especially because of the elastic waist.
Here are some things I did learn as part of the challenge:
- Don't get down and discourage if the project fails. Toss and move on.
- I learned how to use my roll-hemmed/narrow hem foot. I am not perfect but its a start.
- How to sew a lap zipper, I had not sewn one before. Pretty easy.
- Have fun and continue learning.