Helpful Tips

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Colorblock Tunic:B5954 Review

Pattern Description: Misses tunic: Close-fitting and flared, pullover tunic has front variations, shaped hemline, and narrow hem. Wrong side shows on back hemline.D, D:Collar.

Pattern Sizing:xsm-sml-med

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Not exactly. I made some changes.

Were the instructions easy to follow?Yes,very easy.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The styling is on trend.
Fabric Used:I used a heather grey cashmere knit ( a type of sweatshirt fleece) from Fabric.com and a white cotton jersey also from Fabric.com

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:I did not have enough of the fleece so I cut the sleeve pattern in halve at the elbow and did the upper portion in the fleece and the lower portion in the cotton jersey. I also did the collar in the cotton jersey to colorblock the tunic.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I highly recommend this pattern
Conclusion: An easy trendy and fun pattern. Great for beginners.

No comments: