Helpful Tips

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Knitting- Why Did I Wait So Long To Learn How?

It has been a while since my last post. I wasn't feeling the best. But during my down time I did purchase Boye's I Taught Myself Knitting.  I couldn't believe how easy it was. For some reason I thought that knitting was difficult. I guess because of the two needles. I am a crocheter and was use to the hook. But within a few days I had learned to do a garter st, a stockinette st, and even a simple cable stitch. I kicking myself for not taking the plunge last year. Yesterday, I was browsing Knitpicks a now spinning has caught my eye. I will have to do some research. It seems interesting.

On the sewing front I am in the planning and gather stage for some fall garments. I am ready to get back to it.
Question: What are the best books for beginner knitters to have? Your suggestion will be appreciated.

3 comments:

Melodye said...

Welcome! You've now embarked on the slippery slope of fiber addiction. It is well known that knitting is the gateway to spinning. After you start spinning it's a short hop to weaving. Enjoy!

Sheila said...

Congrats on learning to knit. When I learned to knit and still learning... I printed easy patterns from the internet and also found various how-to knitting tips too.

Lisa H. said...

Congratulations ! You may want to check out the "Stitch and Bitch" book by Debbie Stoller. It's pretty good. Also try Youtube and watch some knitting technique actually being done. You can knit along and its free.