Helpful Tips

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Finished: Burda 4/2008-116

I finished the dress. The muslin truly helped in getting a perfect fit. In the shoulder and upper bodice I cut a size 12 and fold out 1/4" in the neckline to remove gaps. I went up to a size 16 in the hip area and did a swayback adjustment. I sewed the jersey using an overlock stitch and triple stretch stitch. This was my first time using these pre-set stitches on my brother XL5700. I love this dress. I will try to get some pictures soon.
Next project- making a paper tape dress form. I definitely need one. My hope is that with a dress form I will be able to fit a pattern much easier and faster.
Until next time.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Looking forward to seeing your Dress.